- This event has passed.
Market Region: United States and Canada
Date: September 20, 2023
The Ontario government, in partnership with the Trade Commissioner Service, is pleased to host a new exporter preparation session built for Ontario technology and services companies.
The New Exporters of Technologies and Services to the United States (NETSUS) Program builds on an ever-popular New Exporters to Border States (NEBS) Program, which has been helping Ontario companies for 30+ years. Company participants in NETSUS will hear from experts and get to ask questions on topics related to selling non-physical products and services including:
-Provincial and Federal Programs and Services
- CUSMA and cross-border trade of technologies and services – industry implications
- Managing Intellectual Property (IP) – critical importance of protecting IP while safely selling tech and service to the US; how to secure and protect patents, trademarks, industrial design.
- Taxation on technology and services sales – issues and implications
- Immigration considerations (work permits, visas, etc.)
- Standards and certifications